For a full job description, including all essential functions and requirements, click here!
As a Street Outreach Worker, you'll help individuals who are experiencing homelessness and experiencing challenges related to mental health and/or substance use issues. You will assist individuals in accessing local resources, including healthcare, medical services and medications, financial support resources, social supports, and more. As an active member of the treatment team, you will work alongside medication prescribers, licensed therapists, crisis response team members, and various agencies and organizations throughout the community to help individuals obtain the services and resources they need.
The position is full-time, Monday through Friday. Benefits are included with full-time employment.
CenterPointe is a non-profit organization that has served the Lincoln community for over 40 years, and in 1989 became one of the first agencies in the nation to offer truly integrated co-occurring treatment.
Grounded by the belief that every person has the ability to recover, CenterPointe offers a full continuum of care to people suffering from mental health and substance use disorders. The majority of the people we serve are also experiencing homelessness or near-homelessness. We believe in Housing First, Harm Reduction, and biopsychosocial treatment philosophies. By meeting people where they're at, we're able to help them to get better, sooner, for longer.
CenterPointe has stayed at the leading edge in our industry, receiving the SAMHSA Service & Science Award, various local acknowledgments and awards, and consistent CARF-International Accreditation since 1996. As we continue to push boundaries and provide the best services, we are growing as an agency and continue to look for innovative, person-centered opportunities to help the members of our communities. We hope you will join our team as CenterPointe expands and continues to seek only the absolute best employees who will maintain our high standards of care for the people we serve.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of experience working in Behavioral Health
- Knowledge of co-occurring disorders and related needs
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license with acceptable DMV record (last 7 years)
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field preferred
- Formal training in a recognized Peer Support program, such as CPSWS certification
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
- A culture focused on work-life balance, personal and professional growth, inclusion, and engagement
- Limitless opportunities for professional training, growth & development, and career advancement including Professional Development Leave, internal and external trainings, and job enhancement opportunities
- Flexible scheduling options and generous paid leave policies including Mental Wellness hours, accrued vacation and sick time, and 9 annual holidays (plus a day off for your birthday every year!)
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits, including:
- Affordable Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Free Group Life Insurance, AD&D and LTD policies for all full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Discounted memberships with Genesis Health Clubs
- Discounted Pet Insurance through Nationwide
CenterPointe is a proud EEO Employer; candidates of diverse backgrounds, ages, lifestyles, etc. are encouraged to apply!