For a full job description, including all essential functions and requirements, click here!
WHO WE ARE:
CenterPointe is a non-profit organization that has served the Lincoln community for over 40 years, and in 1989 became one of the first agencies in the nation to offer integrated co-occurring treatment.
Grounded by the belief that every person has the ability to recover, CenterPointe offers a full continuum of care to people suffering from mental health and substance use disorders. We believe in Housing First, Harm Reduction, and biopsychosocial treatment philosophies; by meeting people where they're at, we're able to help them get better, sooner, for longer.
CenterPointe has stayed at the leading edge in our industry, and by continuing to push boundaries, we continue to grow as an agency; CenterPointe has expanded to Omaha and now offers over 35 programs, spread across 9 locations. We hope you will join our team as we expand and continue to seek the absolute best employees to maintain our high standards of care for the people we serve.
WHO YOU ARE:
A capable, passionate mental health professional who is always looking to make a positive impact on others. You understand the connection between mental health and substance use disorders, and are dedicated to helping individuals who are trying to improve their lives. You're adaptable, motivated, and excel at time management. You find fulfillment not just in helping others, but in being part of a team providing industry-leading behavioral healthcare to those in need.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO:
As a SOAR Specialist, you'll meet with individuals who have significant behavioral health concerns which may qualify them to receive SSI/SSDI benefits. You will provide screening services to determine potential eligibility, assist in requesting and collecting records of previous treatment for health conditions, and completing the paperwork required for application to the Social Security Administration. You'll work as an advocate, and SSI expert, and a resource for those who are seeking help in navigating this complex process. Organization, time management, and ability to research and find applicable information are all critical skills for this position.
The SOAR Specialist is an active member of the Outpatient Treatment Team and will work alongside medication prescribers, licensed therapists, crisis response workers, and various agencies and organizations throughout the community to help the consumer obtain the services and resources they need. As each consumer continues along their recovery journey, you'll provide support, crisis intervention strategies, and will work directly with each individual to adapt their treatment plan to fit their unique strengths, needs, and goals as they arise.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Flexible scheduling and generous time off policies, including accrued sick and vacation time, personal days, flex time, and 10 paid holidays off (plus a day off for your birthday every year!)
- Ongoing paid CEUs, trainings, and opportunities for professional learning and
- Competitive pay
- A culture focused on
self-care and work-life balance
- Outstanding benefits - typical benefits include affordable health insurance options, Dental, Vision, 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution, and more! Free Professional Liability, Long-Term Disability, AD&D, Discounted Pet Insurance Available through Nationwide, and Life Insurance policies are provided to full-time staff
- The opportunity to work at a growing, industry-leading agency, doing meaningful work
- A group of talented professionals to work with, in a positive, progressive work environment
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A high school diploma (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- 2 years of Behavioral Health experience
- A valid NE Driver's License with a clean DMV record
- The ability to adapt, work as a team member, and provide exceptional care
CenterPointe is an EEO Employer; candidates of diverse backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, ages, etc. are encouraged to apply!!