For a full job description, including all essential functions and requirements, click here!
As the Outpatient Psychiatric Nurse, you will be responsible for providing direct care to the individuals in our services, as well as assisting APRN(s) and the rest of the treatment team in the Outpatient Clinic. You'll also assist in developing an individualized treatment plan for each individual in the PIER program, and will continuously update the treatment plan to reflect the person's needs, strengths, and issues as they arise. This position coordinates prescription refills, assists in determining payer sources, completing applications for patient assistance or other financial assistance programs for individuals needing medical services, and works collaboratively with the treatment team (including the Medical Care Coordinator and Care Management team) to facilitate external referrals when appropriate.
The Outpatient Clinic is a fast-paced, nonstop hub of activity. From this walk-in location, individuals are able to receive Medication Management, Case Management, Therapy, Peer Support, Crisis Response, and other services all intended to assist in each individual's journey of recovery and well-being. As an agency, we look only for the absolute best in providing patient care, exceptional time management skills, and employees who are passionate about helping others. CenterPointe believes in treating the whole person - mental health, substance use issues, and physical health concerns - not only simultaneously, but in the absolute top standard of care. As the Psychiatric RN, you are a critical piece in providing this holistic care.
CenterPointe is a non-profit organization that has served the Lincoln community for over 40 years, and in 1989 became one of the first agencies in the nation to offer truly integrated co-occurring treatment.
Grounded by the belief that every person has the ability to recover, CenterPointe offers a full continuum of care to people suffering from mental health and substance use disorders. The majority of the people we serve are also experiencing homelessness or near-homelessness. We believe in Housing First, Harm Reduction, and biopsychosocial treatment philosophies. By meeting people where they're at, we're able to help them to get better, sooner, for longer.
CenterPointe has stayed at the leading edge in our industry, receiving the SAMHSA Service & Science Award, various local acknowledgments and awards, and consistent CARF-International Accreditation since 1996. As we continue to push boundaries and provide the best services, we are growing as an agency; we recently acquired the Campus for Hope facility and are now providing services in Omaha in addition to Lincoln.
We hope you will join our team as CenterPointe expands and continues to seek the absolute best employees to maintain our high standards of care for the people we serve.
WHO YOU ARE
You're a knowledgeable, motivated individual who always seems to be the go-to person when someone needs a compassionate and strong support. You're patient, organized, and passionate about providing excellent customer service. People who know you well would describe you as positive, adaptable, and confident in your abilities. You enjoy staying busy and have no problem with an ever-changing environment, because you're quick to respond to emerging situations and are comfortable rearranging priorities as needed to meet the most urgent needs of the people in services.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Active RN license in the state of Nebraska
- Experience with and knowledge of psychiatric medications and their uses, side effects, applications
- At least 21 years of age
- Active NE driver's license with clean DMV record
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
- Limitless opportunities for professional training, growth & development, and career advancement
- Flexible scheduling options, no required weekends or overnights, and paid holidays (no required holidays!)
- The chance to work at a growing, industry-leading organization alongside some of the top professionals across multiple disciplines within the Behavioral Health field
- Very competitive pay
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Affordable Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Free Group Life Insurance, AD&D and LTD policies for all full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Discounted memberships with Genesis Health Clubs
- Generous time off policies; including Mental Wellness paid time off, accrued vacation and sick time, and 9 annual holidays (plus a day off for your birthday!)
CenterPointe is a proud EEO Employer; candidates of diverse backgrounds, ages, lifestyles, etc. are encouraged to apply!