For a full job description, including all essential functions and requirements, click here!
The Program Assistant is considered a "jack of all trades," so to speak. You'll coordinate projects, assist in admission procedures, answer phone calls, provide administrative & clerical support to therapists, care managers, APRNs, psychiatric nurses, and more. People will come to you for assistance in communicating vital information, managing projects, navigating several complex schedules to arrange appointments, and various other administrative support functions. The ability to multitask is critical, but what we really look for in an ideal candidate is the ability to keep a positive, relaxed attitude while using creative problem solving strategies in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment.
The PIER Program is an Assertive Community Treatment program, which can be thought of as a sort of "hospital on wheels" for behavioral health. The team is composed of expert therapists, care managers, psychiatric nurses, peer support specialists, and APRNs. These team members go into the community and provide services to individuals who have a high need for behavioral health services, but with the given level of support, are able to live in the community rather than in facilities or group homes. The Program Assistant position is office-based, but will have contact with clients, and more frequent (if not constant) contact with the team members.
CenterPointe is a non-profit organization that has served the Lincoln community for over 40 years, and in 1989 became one of the first agencies in the nation to offer truly integrated co-occurring treatment.
Grounded by the belief that every person has the ability to recover, CenterPointe offers a full continuum of care to people suffering from mental health and substance use disorders. We believe in Housing First, Harm Reduction, and biopsychosocial treatment philosophies; by meeting people where they're at, we're able to help them to get better, sooner, for longer.
CenterPointe has stayed at the leading edge in our industry, receiving the SAMHSA Service & Science Award, various local acknowledgments and awards, and consistent CARF-International Accreditation since 1996. As we continue to push boundaries and provide state-of-the-art behavioral health services, we are growing as an agency; in addition to the 35 programs provided in the Lincoln area, after acquiring the Campus for Hope facility in February 2017 we are now providing services to the Omaha area!
We hope you will join our team as CenterPointe expands and continues to seek the absolute best employees to maintain our high standards of care for the people we serve.
WHO YOU ARE
You're a positive, motivated individual who always seems to be the go-to person when someone needs answers. It's easy for you to manage several projects at once, because you're determined to complete every project flawlessly. You're patient, organized, and passionate about providing excellent customer service.
Hopefully, you're also interested in working with some of the best coworkers in Lincoln, receiving excellent benefits, and making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve every single day.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- A High School diploma (or equivalent) is needed. A Bachelor's degree would be great, too - but it's not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- An overall high comfort level with using new technologies or systems
- 2 years' experience in clerical or administrative support roles.
- Experience working in a behavioral healthcare setting is strongly preferred.
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
- Boundless opportunities to grow professionally, with external and on-the-job trainings, plus the opportunity to learn directly from the multidisciplinary team of professionals in the PIER Program
- An innovative, positive work environment
- Career advancement potential in a growing organization
- Generous time off policies, including Personal Days, accrued vacation and sick time, 10 paid holidays annually, and a day off for your birthday every year!
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Very affordable Health, Dental, & Vision insurance plans
- Free Life, Long-Term Disability, and AD&D insurance provided to all full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Discounted Pet Insurance Available through Nationwide
- The chance to do meaningful work, helping people who are seeking help in managing their mental health and substance use issues
CenterPointe is an EEO Employer; candidates of diverse backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, ages, etc. are encouraged to apply!