For a full job description, including all essential functions and requirements, click here!
The Peer Support Specialist utilizes their own experience to help others navigate their own recovery journey and obtain their ideal state of well-being. Here are some things you can expect to do every day:
- Utilize your personal insight as a participant in the recovery process to engage, support, and empower people in their own recovery journey
- Provide peer counseling and support, promote hope and empowerment, advocacy, and problem-solving with individuals receiving services
- Assist persons served in connecting them to internal and/or external services, providers, and community resources to meet their needs
- Work cooperatively as a team member to suggest appropriate changes in treatment plans to ensure that immediate and appropriate interventions are provided
CenterPointe has recently expanded services as a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic, allowing us to provide truly holistic, whole-person integrated care. The multidisciplinary team provides therapy, medication management, peer support, case management, and healthcare/nursing needs to these individuals in a person-centered way that focuses on the well-being of each person. The Peer Support Specialist plays a critical role in our ability to provide these person-centered services in the absolute top standard of care through the selection and support of our team members.
CenterPointe is a non-profit organization that has served the Lincoln community for over 40 years, and in 1989 became one of the first agencies in the nation to offer truly integrated co-occurring treatment.
Grounded by the belief that every person has the ability to recover, CenterPointe offers a full continuum of care to people suffering from mental health and substance use disorders. The majority of the people we serve are also experiencing homelessness or near-homelessness. We believe in Housing First, Harm Reduction, and biopsychosocial treatment philosophies. By meeting people where they're at, we're able to help them to get better, sooner, for longer.
CenterPointe has stayed at the leading edge in our industry, receiving the SAMHSA Service & Science Award, various local acknowledgments and awards, and consistent CARF-International Accreditation since 1996. As we continue to push boundaries and provide the best services, we are growing as an agency and continue to look for innovative, person-centered opportunities to help the members of our communities. We hope you will join our team as CenterPointe expands and continues to seek only the absolute best employees who will maintain our high standards of care for the people we serve.
WHO YOU ARE
A positive, motivated team player who is passionate about helping others to succeed in their treatment. You understand the delicate and vital balance between professional boundaries and interacting as a Peer, and you excel at building strong rapport with others. Using your own experiences, knowledge, and outstanding organizational skills, you navigate complex resources and systems with ease in order to benefit the persons served. Your time management skills are second to none, and you're motivated by the opportunity to help others find success in their recovery journey.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of experience in working with individuals who have severe and persistent mental health challenges
- Education in and demonstrated knowledge of recovery principles
- Must have persistent mental health challenges and have received mental health services in order to identify as a Peer
- Demonstrated self-knowledge and management of their own mental health; must be well-along in their recovery - At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license with acceptable DMV record (last 7 years)
- CPSS certification or ability to obtain within first 6 months of employment (associated costs will be paid by CenterPointe)
- Formal education in a state-approved Peer Support program preferred
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
- A culture focused on work-life balance, personal and professional growth, inclusion, and engagement
- Limitless opportunities for professional training, growth & development, and career advancement including Professional Development Leave, internal and external trainings, and job enhancement opportunities
- Flexible scheduling options and generous paid leave policies including Mental Wellness hours, accrued vacation and sick time, and 9 annual holidays (plus a day off for your birthday every year!)
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits, including:
- Affordable Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Free Group Life Insurance, AD&D and LTD policies for all full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Discounted memberships with Genesis Health Clubs
CenterPointe is a proud EEO Employer; candidates of diverse backgrounds, ages, lifestyles, etc. are encouraged to apply!