Job Title: Event & Development Intern
Date of description: 07/01/2018
Position Supervisor: Chief Development
Pay Grade: 7; Part-time, hourly
Summary: Works with the Chief
Development Officer to plan and execute special events, marketing, donor communication,
and social media activities.
of employment: 15 to 20 hours per week
- Planning and executing special events with
the goal of raising funds and friends for the organization.
- Assists with copy writing and preparation
of marketing materials including but not limited to: brochures, flyers,
PSA scripts, newsletter and website articles, Facebook postings and email.
- Assists with planning and executing
advertisement, press release and media engagement activities.
- Assists with managing donor database.
- Assists with content management on
website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Assists with coordinating volunteers to
help complete special event and other activities as needed.
- Participates as a team member and
demonstrates positive attitude toward clients, staff and the agency.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Demonstrates independent work and
- Effective listening.
- Promptness and flexibility.
- Ability to follow written and verbal
- High school diploma. Junior or senior undergraduate
or graduate student preferred.
- Previous experience with special events or
marketing or marketing/public relations education.
or other requirements:
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license and
clean DMV record.
Adapts to change, open to new ideas and
Communicates well (written and verbal), delivers presentations, has good
- Dependability: Meets deadlines, works
independently, accountable, maintains focus, punctual, good attendance record
- Ethics: Honest, accountable, maintains
- Sense of Urgency: Meets deadlines,
establishes appropriate priority, gets the job done in a timely manner
- Interpersonal Skills: Builds strong
relationships, is flexible/adaptable, works well with others, solicits feedback
- Teamwork: Accountable to team, works to meet established
deliverables, appreciates view of team members, respectful