For a full job description, including all essential functions and requirements, click here!
The Intake Specialist/Office Assistant is a "jack of all trades" kind of role. You'll conduct initial intake appointments and paperwork for individuals entering services, including establishing the individual's electronic client file, initiating treatment episode and program assignments in the Electronic Health Record (EHR), verifying insurance or payment arrangements, and providing assistance for authorization of services. This position also provides administrative support to a multidisciplinary treatment team, including answering phone calls, scheduling and confirming appointments, making outreach contacts to persons served, and other administrative/clerical support. People will come to you for assistance in managing projects, communicating vital information, arranging appointments, and other administrative support functions. The ability to multitask is paramount, but keeping a positive, at-ease attitude in a fast-paced environment is really what we look for in an ideal candidate.
This position is being added as a part of our expansion of services to a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic, allowing us to provide truly holistic, whole-person integrated care. The multidisciplinary team provides therapy, medication management, peer support, case management, and healthcare/nursing needs to these individuals in a person-centered way that focuses on the well-being of each person. The Intake Coordinator/Office Assistant plays a critical role in our ability to provide these person-centered services in the absolute top standard of care.
CenterPointe is a non-profit organization that has served the Lincoln community for over 40 years, and in 1989 became one of the first agencies in the nation to offer truly integrated co-occurring treatment.
Grounded by the belief that every person has the ability to recover, CenterPointe offers a full continuum of care to people suffering from mental health and substance use disorders. The majority of the people we serve are also experiencing homelessness or near-homelessness. We believe in Housing First, Harm Reduction, and biopsychosocial treatment philosophies. By meeting people where they're at, we're able to help them to get better, sooner, for longer.
CenterPointe has stayed at the leading edge in our industry, receiving the SAMHSA Service & Science Award, various local acknowledgments and awards, and consistent CARF-International Accreditation since 1996. As we continue to push boundaries and provide the best services, we are growing as an agency and continue to look for innovative, person-centered opportunities to help the members of our communities. We hope you will join our team as CenterPointe expands and continues to seek only the absolute best employees who will maintain our high standards of care for the people we serve.
WHO YOU ARE
You're a positive, motivated individual who always seems to be the go-to person when someone needs answers. It's easy for you to manage several projects at once, because you're determined to complete every project flawlessly. You're patient, organized, and passionate about providing excellent customer service. And although you're endlessly compassionate, you're still capable of remaining calm and not taking things personally when a consumer is upset or when a crisis erupts. (Hopefully, you're also interested in working with some of the best coworkers in Lincoln, enjoying an engaging work atmosphere that promotes self-care and work-life balance, receiving excellent benefits, and making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve every single day)
WHAT YOU HAVE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- 2 or more years' experience in clerical or administrative support roles
- At least 21 years of age
- Experience working in a behavioral healthcare setting
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Relations, or related field
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
- A culture focused on work-life balance, personal and professional growth, inclusion, and engagement
- Limitless opportunities for professional training, growth & development, and career advancement including Professional Development Leave, internal and external trainings, and job enhancement opportunities
- Flexible scheduling options and generous paid leave policies including Mental Wellness hours, accrued vacation and sick time, and 8 annual holidays (plus a day off for your birthday every year!)
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits, including:
- Affordable Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Free Group Life Insurance, AD&D and LTD policies for all full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Discounted memberships with Genesis Health Clubs
CenterPointe is a proud EEO Employer; candidates of diverse backgrounds, ages, lifestyles, etc. are encouraged to apply!