For a full job description, including all essential functions and requirements, click here!
The Director of Nursing is responsible for providing for the psychiatric health of individuals in service as needed/directed by agency Medical Director, Director of Clinical Operations, and Chief Clinical Officer. Promotes wellness in agency staff and individuals in services. Ensures maintenance of agency records pertaining to individual in services psychiatric and physical healthcare conditions. Participates as an active partner in co-supervising agency nursing staff.
Here are some of the things you can expect to do in this role:
- Work positively as a team member in a Leadership role, interacting with multidisciplinary treatment teams who are providing person-first, holistic care to individuals participating in residential treatment
- Provide direction and supervision to agency nurses at approximately 7 residential programs, including the coordination of an on-call rotation
- Ensure a holistic, person-first approach is being delivered in all nursing services throughout residential programming
- Conduct audits, site visits, and observations to ensure that staff are in compliance with regulations and standards, as well as ensuring a high quality of care is delivered to individuals in our services
CenterPointe is a non-profit organization that has served the Lincoln community for over 40 years, and in 1989 became one of the first agencies in the nation to offer truly integrated co-occurring treatment.
Grounded by the belief that every person has the ability to recover, CenterPointe offers a full continuum of care to people suffering from mental health and substance use disorders. The majority of the people we serve are also experiencing homelessness or near-homelessness. We believe in Housing First, Harm Reduction, and biopsychosocial treatment philosophies. By meeting people where they're at, we're able to help them to get better, sooner, for longer.
CenterPointe has stayed at the leading edge in our industry, receiving the SAMHSA Service & Science Award, various local acknowledgments and awards, and consistent CARF-International Accreditation since 1996. As we continue to push boundaries and provide the best services, we are growing as an agency and continue to look for innovative, person-centered opportunities to help the members of our communities. We hope you will join our team as CenterPointe expands and continues to seek only the absolute best employees who will maintain our high standards of care for the people we serve.
WHO YOU ARE
An organized and motivated leader who is always looking to make a positive impact on others. You understand the role that mental health plays in relation to whole-health and well-being, and you embrace the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team to address all aspects of an individual's health. You're adaptable, driven, and excel at time management. You find fulfillment not just in helping others, but in supervising a team of nurses who are providing industry-leading behavioral healthcare to those in need.
WHAT YOU HAVE
-3 or more years' experience as a Registered Nurse. BSN preferred
-Active Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Nebraska
- Active Driver's License with clean DMV record (last 7 years), and ability to travel between Lincoln and Omaha (with reimbursement for mileage)
- At least 21 years of age
- Experience working with persons with co-occurring and complex diagnoses; knowledge of psychiatric medications and their uses, effects, and side effects
- 2 or more years of experience directly supervising staff and/or clinical programming supervision
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
- A culture focused on work-life balance, personal and professional growth, inclusion, and engagement
- Limitless opportunities for professional training, growth & development, and career advancement including Professional Development Leave, internal and external trainings, and job enhancement opportunities
- Flexible scheduling options and generous paid leave policies including Mental Wellness hours, accrued vacation and sick time, and 9 annual holidays (plus a day off for your birthday every year!)
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits, including:
- Affordable Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Free Group Life Insurance, AD&D and LTD policies for all full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Discounted memberships with Genesis Health Clubs
CenterPointe is a proud EEO Employer; candidates of diverse backgrounds, ages, lifestyles, etc. are encouraged to apply!