For a full job description, including all essential functions and requirements, click here!
The Billing Specialist works as a team member in the Administrative Offices of CenterPointe, alongside a team of multidisciplinary professionals and remotely supporting/interacting with employees at multiple locations. This position assists in verifying payer source and eligibility for persons served, submission and processing of claims, posting payments and adjustments in electronic system, and investigating rejected claims for resubmission and/or appeal.
This position is part of our expansion of services to a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic, allowing us to provide truly holistic, whole-person integrated care. The multidisciplinary team provides therapy, medication management, peer support, case management, and healthcare/nursing needs to these individuals in a person-centered way that focuses on the well-being of each person. The Billing Specialist plays a critical role in our ability to provide these person-centered services in the absolute top standard of care.
CenterPointe is a non-profit organization that has served the Lincoln community for over 40 years, and in 1989 became one of the first agencies in the nation to offer truly integrated co-occurring treatment.
Grounded by the belief that every person has the ability to recover, CenterPointe offers a full continuum of care to people suffering from mental health and substance use disorders. The majority of the people we serve are also experiencing homelessness or near-homelessness. We believe in Housing First, Harm Reduction, and biopsychosocial treatment philosophies. By meeting people where they're at, we're able to help them to get better, sooner, for longer.
CenterPointe has stayed at the leading edge in our industry, receiving the SAMHSA Service & Science Award, various local acknowledgments and awards, and consistent CARF-International Accreditation since 1996. As we continue to push boundaries and provide the best services, we are growing as an agency and continue to look for innovative, person-centered opportunities to help the members of our communities. We hope you will join our team as CenterPointe expands and continues to seek only the absolute best employees who will maintain our high standards of care for the people we serve.
WHO YOU ARE
You're organized, diligent, and internally motivated to excel at your work. Most would describe you as attentive - you're not one to let things fall off your radar or let things slip through the cracks. You understand the complex world of Managed Care environments, billing, claims submission, and the process involved in disputing or resolving denials of valid claims. You're passionate about helping individuals who are dealing with mental health and/or substance use issues, and at the end of the day, your work behind-the-scenes gives you fulfillment knowing you're helping so many others to receive the pivotal treatment services they need.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Associate's Degree or higher in Accounting or related field
- Two or more years of experience in medical coding/billing
- Experience in accounts receivable management
- Recent insurance billing experience and working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Experience with insurance and payer sources in behavioral health
- Experience working with Heritage Health or other Managed Care environments strongly preferred
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
- A culture focused on work-life balance, personal and professional growth, inclusion, and engagement
- Limitless opportunities for professional training, growth & development, and career advancement including Professional Development Leave, internal and external trainings, and job enhancement opportunities
- Flexible scheduling options and generous paid leave policies including Mental Wellness hours, accrued vacation and sick time, and 8 annual holidays (plus a day off for your birthday every year!)
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits, including:
- Affordable Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Free Group Life Insurance, AD&D and LTD policies for all full-time employees
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Discounted memberships with Genesis Health Clubs
CenterPointe is a proud EEO Employer; candidates of diverse backgrounds, ages, lifestyles, etc. are encouraged to apply!